Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your name, organization, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- Credit card information (if applicable). This is applicable if payments are submitted through this website or contractors via event registrations with fees.
- Any account-preference information you provide us
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of NDCC, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
North Dakota Cancer Coalition does not use “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We will not link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. You may also set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your payment data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
All refunds for event and support payments must be submitted in writing to the NDCC email or address. All refunds will be returned in the form of a paper check.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use NDCC’s Web site(s) and service(s). North Dakota Cancer Coalition does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)